CEO and Founder of Connected 2Fiber
Ben Edmond is the CEO and Founder of Connected2Fiber, an early stage startup operating inside the TechSandBox tech startup incubator in Hopkinton, MA. Ben is the former, Chief Revenue Officer at Global Capacity, with responsibility for all aspects of the company’s customer go to market strategy and execution. Mr. Edmond has 20 years of experience in the fiber, telecom and networking industries, encompassing broad expertise in the areas of executive leadership, strategy, customer experience, sales, marketing and operations. Prior to joining Global Capacity, he was President of Sales and Marketing at FiberLight, where he led the organization to build out in 15 metro markets and conducted daily operations in account development and service, as well as implementation of product development and all marketing activities. Prior to joining FiberLight, Mr. Edmond owned Telecom Inventory, a consulting firm focusing on services for large enterprises requiring better access and use of telecommunications information. Mr. Edmond’s telecom experience includes eight years with Xspedius Communications (formerly ACSI), where he held several leadership positions, including Vice President of Marketing during the sales of Xspedius to TW Telecom.
Mr. Edmondholds a M.S. in International Business from St. Louis University and a B.S. in International Business & Finance from Northeastern University. Ben is married with two children, Lucas and Zachary and enjoys traveling, camping and baseball in his spare time.
Advisor, VISIT LinkedIN FOR INFO
Jim Falvey is a member of Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC (a national law firm with over 375 attorneys located in offices throughout the eastern United States) and focuses his practice on telecommunications and other utility matters. Prior to joining the firm, Jim served as Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Senior Counsel for Pac-West Telecomm, Inc., where he managed regulatory and legislative matters and successfully addressed a wide variety of regulatory challenges at the federal, state, and local level.
Over the past fifteen years, Jim also served in various in-house regulatory counsel and senior leadership roles with CoreTel Communications, Time Warner Telecom, Xspedius Communications, and e.spire Communications. Prior to that time, Jim spent six years in private practice in Washington, D.C. and two years as a legislative assistant to Senator Harry Reid.
- Experienced FCC advocate on a wide variety of competitive issues over the last fifteen years ranging from intercarrier compensation to unbundled network elements (TRO/TRRO) to VoIP issues;
- Represented a variety of telecommunications companies over the last decade in the FCC’s ongoing intercarrier compensation proceeding;
- Represented clients in a variety of FCC enforcement complaints, including complaints relating to intercarrier compensation, ILEC refusal to provision unbundled elements, and interconnection facilities disputes;
- Represented telecommunications carriers in pre-Telecom Act state interconnection proceedings in Florida and Pennsylvania, resulting in some of the earliest CLEC interconnection agreements;
- Negotiated and arbitrated under Sections 251/252 series of Telecom Act interconnection agreements, including participation in state arbitrations with every RBOC in over fifteen states;
- Negotiated interconnection and traffic exchange agreements, including agreements with every major wireless carrier and SIP-to-SIP interconnection agreements;
- Extensive state commission complaint experience, including the recovery of over $75M in reciprocal compensation awards and settlements;
- Negotiated and litigated municipal and private rights-of-way issues at the local level; successfully directed federal court rights-of-way complaint proceedings. As in-house counsel, successfully litigated or brokered settlement of diverse array of intercarrier disputes.
Advisory Board, VISIT LinkedIN FOR INFO
As a 27 year veteran in the telecommunications industry Ed Croft has managed, inspected, designed, and overseen the construction of over one million route miles of fiber. Currently he is a Vice President for Goff Communications and manages a team of engineers focused on the pursuit of on time and on budget projects. Prior to this he spent 15 years at KCI Technologies rising from Senior Project Manager to Division Chief, and spent the last 6 years as a Vice President. In this position, he was responsible for the nationwide communications OSP group. His primary role was to developing strategic relationships with ILECs, CLECs, federal, state and local municipalities to assist with the seamless deployment of new fiber across the country. He is a nationwide specialist in new network deployments, and road relocations. In his off time he enjoys spending time with his family, supporting several local charities, and golf.
Advisor, VISIT LinkedIN FOR INFO